Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Woman on the Bus

The El is under construction, so I had to take the bus for part of my commute yesterday. The Elevated Train goes over the poorest neighborhoods in Philly. The bus goes through them.

I enjoy this part of town for it's visual texture. Once stately townhomes are in various states of Entropy. Many stand gutted and lifeless. Some are collapsed into piles of brick and rotted wood. Most look condemable.

I'm the only white guy on the bus. We stop at the corners and pick people up and drop them off blocks away. I'm going all the way to the Terminal.

We pick up a beautiful Black Woman on the corner of Market and Hell. She is my height, over 6 foot, and dress very stylish and slighly revealing. She looks like Iman. Iman sits down in the sideways seat, and I can stare at her clevage.

By the next stop I figure out she's really a man. The first indication was her feet, no woman should be cursed with feet like that. I then spotted a slight Adam's Apple.

I still stared at her clevage though...beautiful is beautiful.

No comments: