Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Dead End


The El
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
So there's a funny thing I do (big surprise). Whenever I'm at the 15th Street Station, and I see the train coming, I walk up to the edge of the concrete, just past the safety line that they painted and think about jumping in front of the train. I'm not considering jumping in front of the train. I'm far to happy with my life to bother with that. It's just a thought I have and standing past that line with the train flying by really scares and excites me.

I'm curious how determined do you have to be, to pull that off. How low do you have to be. Is it better to jump to the ground and be run over, or should you try to strike it midair? What will happen to the train driver? Has he hit someone before?

It just one of those things I think about, and then try to stop thinking about and then think doubly so. It's all for naught because I know exactly how I die. Not to sound like that idiot Tom Cruise, I know BOTH ways I die. All of this is of course covered in a a blog essay I'm working on in my head and will make slightly more sense then (hopefully) when I get a chance to write it.

No comments: