Friday, July 01, 2005

Need an ass-kickin....

I'm going through a mild depression lately. Mostly because of my job methinks. I cant sleep, I cant work. I get like this once in awhile but very rarely in the summer. I should probably be on anti-depressants, but that's too much like asking for help. I dont like asking for help (or reading directions for that matter).

I'm going to use this long weekend to break myself out of it. My plan involves vigorous excercise, lots of sunshine, gallons of beer.

Tonight I start with Squats. I'm going to put 350lbs on the bar (most I ever lifted) and do squats til failure. 60 seconds rest, then drop 10lbs and do another set til failure. I'll keep doing this until I clear the bar (about 29 sets), I throw up, fall down, or give up. This should put me in a righteous amount of pain for the whole weekend. I'll do the same thing with Back tomorrow, Chest on Sunday, and Shoulders on Monday.

I'm going for a long run tomorrow, and a long bike ride on Sunday. The rest of the time I will be at the pool playing with my wife & kids. Evenings will be spent drinking myself happy.

No comments: