Friday, July 15, 2005

Craziness Revealed!


Catch22
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
I keep a copy of Joseph Hellers in my work bag. The theroy is that I want to be able to get at it if I need it. I've read it 9 or 10 times over the last 15 years and I intend to read it once a year for the next 66 years. I dont typically read books more than once, so this is pretty odd behavior. Each time I read it I laugh out loud and my wife looks over and shakes her head at the madman she married.

At one point I had decided to only post replies in Birdy's Blog with quotes and passages from the book. We think alike in some ways and I know he appreciates the dark humor. I did it for a few of his passages and then I realized I should be typing such wonder things into MY blog, so now I type it into no-ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit, is that what you were doing?

steakbellie said...

only when it applied, I wouldnt disgrace the book by forcing it. I got the idea from your photos of Bologna, A Quarter of the book is about the bomb run to Bologna. I never did a Bologna entry, but thats what got me thinking....there's plenty of passages I can use, but laziness prevailed