Friday, July 15, 2005

Dead-on and Strong

Today was the day my boss and I were to discuss my raise. I spent the last 2 weeks building my plan, and making the case for what I'm asking. I'm laying out the roadmap for his company for the next 2 years.

I went out and bought a special tie just for today. I've dubbed it "Republican Red". I look sharp and today I can do anything. My boss called me into a meeting with some CFO's and I highlighted all the improvements my financial software will make and impressed the shit out of them in their own language. When I'm confident, words just roll outta my head.

So I send my boss an email that I'm ready to discuss my compensation package.....he high-tails it outta here like Me on Prom night!!!!! An hour and a half early without a word!

That pisses me off. Now I gotta buy another tie for Monday.....he's mine

No comments: