Friday, July 22, 2005

My Favorite Part of the Day


Phillies
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
There is a 20 second moment that happens almost everyday to me that is really special. After getting up early and being a phoney all day long, I have a hot commute home in my monkey suit.

We have this enourmous heavy wooden door that swells in the summer and is really tough to get open. So when I get home I literly punch it open with one big hit. The next 20 seconds make the whole thing worthwhile.

Both Dogs bark like mad and lope over to me in excitment, my boys and wife all yell 'DADDY!!!' and the little buggesr run to hug me. I grab them as tight as I can and smell their hair. Even the cats are happy to see me and one will brush my leg to remind me to feed them. It sounds made for tv and it is.

Things generally fall to shit immediatley, with the boys fistfighting, the dogs wrestling each other, and somebody crying over who got what, and can he get that too. There's alot of yelling in my house.

At this point I put down my work bag, strip down to my underwear and stand in front of the Air Conditioner.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband gets this everynight, exactly the same way [no matter how old the little boogers get - 16, 14 and 9 now] plus the dogs...and then it falls to shit. Giggle...god, I love your blog...are we related? He grabs a beer tho' before he stands in front of the air.

SkippyMom @www.soyouownaswimmingpool.blogspot.com [I know I could sign in and use my name, but blogger always loses my posts...and it is too late NOW....ahhh]