Friday, July 01, 2005

Live 8 Philadelphia Soundcheck

I just walked over to the Live 8 stage during my lunch break and got to hear Sarah McLaclan's soundcheck. She is freaking awesome! She sings as good or better than on her cd. Josh Groban comes out for a duet during 'arms of an angel' and it send shivers down your spine.

I took a bunch of photos that I will upload tonight to Flickr and post here. If you are from the Philly area, and are interested in 'Seeing' the show you should leave work and go right now for the soundchecks.

ADVICE FOR PEOPLE GOING TO THE SHOW
They expect 1,000,000 people to turn out. Believe it or not, you cant see the stage if you are more than 500 feet away! The stage is set up on the steps of the art Museum, and there is an enourmous Momument right in front of it!!! I'll uploads shots from varying distances tonight. I'm guessing there's room for 10,000 people TOPS to see the thing. Beyond that there are trees all over the Ben Franklin Parkway that further block your view. Fortunately they have video screens set up all down the parkway for the remaining 990,000 people.

Expect to hear a great concert and have fun, but you wont see a thing. It was really a poor choice for a concert, they should have had it in Central Park in NYC.

4 comments:

steakbellie said...

I have digital photos of the screens that I will post tonight when I get home. They are pretty large and placed up and down the Ben Franklin Parkway. Also I'm sure that all those people will fit down there without a problem, and that the sound will be excellent.

steakbellie said...

Also, the screens that were set up had a very sharp picture. I could see the pimples on Sarah's face as she sang!

Dont forget to link back to this site and check for photos tonight!

Anonymous said...

Spot on with the Description of the stage I was down there today doing a podcast with the Living on a Prayer from Bon Jovi. I posted it at

http://www.exit50.com

Later
Andrew

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Philly. The spots where you can actually "see" are reserved for Mayoral campaign contributors...