Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Truly Disappointed

The cool thing about being in a city is that people hand out free crap all the time. Walk a few blocks during rush hour and you might get samples of deoderant, candy bars, or coupons. Typically, I avoid anyone trying to hand me something (unless it's a hoagie) but on the way home I spotted a flock of young marketers handing out packets of Nicorette Gum! Now I already dont smoke, so I figured it would be a great time to start chewing it. I'd pop a new piece in every 10 minutes until something happened.

People were grabbing the packages like they were real cigarettes. I got 6! Just enough to attempt my little experiment on the train commute. Now I was really surprised that they could hand that stuff out on the street corner, so you can imagine how excited I was to have such a bounty! The outside of the package has the big logo and all kinds of BlahBlah about the new cool mint Flavor! which I am about to enjoy. I take a seat on the El, and open the first package. Inside, they have a big announcement. THIS IS ONLY A SAMPLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE NEW GREAT MINT FLAVOR AND DOES NOT CONTAIN NICOTINE.

How shitty is that? I still ate the first piece and it sucked. I'm throwing the rest away. Here's an idea, shouldnt they have Tobbacco flavored gum that these people can chew in the bars so they can get bad breath without making my clothes stinky?

No comments: