Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Bar B Que Battle


wienermobile
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
Whats more American than the weinermobile? I can think of anything, except maybe the Boob-Mobile. Wouldnt that be awesome to drive this sucker around town? How embarrassed would your teen-agers be when you dropped them off at the movies in this thing. What if this was the only car you let them borrow?

I saw this sucker at the "Bar-B-Que Battle" in DC. It costs me $35 to get my family in the door. Their were supposed to be free samples. The free sample line was enourmous, and they were giving out those little boxes of cereal and cookies. WTF? I mean dont you expect the 'Free Samples' to be BBQ related? I dont expect a free rack of ribs, but how about a cup of chili? I mean I did pay $35!!!

Now the streets were lined with competitors who came from all of the country with these enourmous grills to do BBQ battle. They closed down 4 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue and hundreds of competitors lined the fences they erected. Here I was, ready to drop some serious cash, going from competitor to competitor testing & tasting their craft.

The smell was maddening, and is what drew us to this event, you could smell chicken and pork over at the White House!

The shameful reality was that NONE of the BBQ was for sale to the public!!!!! NONE OF IT The only people allowed to get food were judges!. They dont tell you that on the way in. The event organizers set up only 3 FRIGGIN stands that sold food. It cost me ANOTHER $60 to get my family 18 ribs, 1 smoked Turkey Leg (that was undercooked), 1 McRib type sandwich, and frozen lemonades. The event was a complete rip-off. Why the hell would I want to check out this contest if I could only LOOK at the competitors...I was starving! I AM STEAKBELLIE FEED ME!

I think it's a reaccurring event, when it comes to your city, stay away. Unless you wanna see the weinermobile that is....

You KNOW that theres a list somewhere of people that have had sex in the weinermobile...theres gotta be...can you imagine how cool THAT would be?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O.M.G. We went to this...and had the same STUPID inept rip off...arghhh..it still makes me mad...type experience. Highly expensive to get into [and what was with the ONE entrance? we hiked 8 blocks around the fence from a metro that said we should be at ONE of the entrances...they only had ONE!]....lines prohibitedly LONG and all the bbq that WAS for sale? GROSS...and expensive. Damn...I thought I was the only one that this pissed off ['cuse me]...NEVER AGAIN!

SkippyMom @ www.soyouownapool.blogspot.com