Thursday, June 23, 2005

Great Ideas Are Scary

I had a long conversation with someone today about an idea for a software product. It is no different in scope than stuff he and I produce everyday, in fact it might be easy. We know it fills a need, and it could potentially be profitable. Once the initial work is done, it can be sold over and over.

I knew it was a great idea, when each of us had a creative solution to the others road block. We even figured out how to do it for very little money ($500 or less). I actually got butterflys in my stomach. This is the point when people get scared. Do I jump after it, or stifle it like so many other ideas....

3 comments:

steakbellie said...

I think it definatley deserves a good hard look....I've gone into business for myself before, and maybe thats why I'm hesitant? I've simplified my life recently and this business would add some complexity...

Anonymous said...

You'll fail, but do it anyway so I can laugh at you.

steakbellie said...

Go ahead and laugh, but I'm not sleeping with your wife ever again!