Monday, September 11, 2006

laundy's done

I spent yesterday doing alot of thinking. I have a very very noisy mind that spins quite quickly. Thoughts tumble around inside like those old pair of shoes in the dryer. I'm not smart or brilliant, but like those shoes, I can think around a thought for hours and hours until it's pretty much dried out.
boom....boom....boom

I'm not going to put this altogether into a good post. I'm too tired today to try to make it beautiful, I just want to lay some thoughts out there that have been bothering me.

* All of the great stories that came out of 9-11 are about individuals. People who dropped everything and ran to help. Our Government was paralyzed, we all kind of gave them a partial pass because it was a sucker punch.

* This year's 9-11 Anniversary is extra sad because of Hurricane Katrina. Four years of telling us how prepared we are for a disaster, and we get bowled over by an event we had several days worth of warning to prepare for. Somehow rescue teams from Canada were able to get to those in need before the US could.

* All of the great stories that came out of Katrina were about individuals.

* Everyone buys bottled water/filters because they assume that the water utilities are incompetant or corrupt. They also assume that the Gov agencies that watch over them are incompetant or corrupt. Tell me all day that the water is clean, I just cant believe you, you might as well just lie anyway.

5 comments:

katrocket said...

Your thoughts seem pretty organized to me. I agree with you on every point. It must really suck to live with Goliath when you inhabit a planet of Davids.

steakbellie said...

I just wonder how the guy with the art degree from a crappy State school is the one with the common sense.

katrocket said...

I can't say it better than this:
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and higher education positively fortifies it."
-Stephen Vizinczey, from An Innocent Millionaire

steakbellie said...

Thats freaking awesome....

Chris the Hippie said...

I used to trust the government.

I have a buddy who's worried about getting drafted. "Don't worry," I tell him. "You're too old." He pointed out that our government seems to change the rules at whim. "But I have a plan," he told me. "I've gained a pound a week for a while now. The Army won't take me if I weigh 300 pounds..." That made me sad. He continued, "Our government was honorable until it got religion. Now you can't trust it."