Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Eventually, I'm going to need better lies

How about a God that can make me a sandwhich and look under my bed for monsters. One that can tell me a bedtime story about a bunch of pigeons on a fence, and will ramble on and on with the details until I am deep asleep.

I need a Savior that will tell me when I've got something on my pants, or when I should change the oil in the Jeep. An extra quarter in the parking meter.

A funtional Messiah.

Somebody who really cares.

4 comments:

katrocket said...

Great post, SB. I think you're onto something here, but you may find more success worshipping a personal assistant or nanny. They're desperate to pay the rent and score a good reference from you, which makes them far more reliable than any God.

Anonymous said...

You might look to the saint you married...
Sounds like she fits your description.

Chris the Hippie said...

I like the title.

gerberdaisy said...

You've got to be kidding me!!!!
What the hell do I look like?!?!
Thanks Fromm!!!!