Friday, September 08, 2006

WTC Skin

The first three 9/11 anniversaries were very emotional for me. Typically I get really really drunk on 9/10 and cry alittle, and then I'm so hungover on 9/11 that I dont feel a goddamned thing but headache. Last year was ok though, I remember looking at my phone and going..."Hey Wow, it's 9/11"

I got the idea for the above illustration this afternoon, and I had to search abunch of photos of 9/11 to see exactly what the outside of the building looked like. I feel kinda sick now from seeing the wreckage again and I'm dreading Monday. Not so much for the day itself but for the Polical crap that's going to be staged all weekend. These guys have the November Elections in mind, and are going to really try to stir the pot for their personal benefit. It's fucking gross.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Pretty cool looking. Trees?

steakbellie said...

you commented before I could put the text up!

CoffeeDog said...

I would know this pattern even if there were no text

Anonymous said...

Interesting that Wendy thought it looked like trees (before she knew what it was) considering trees are typically a sign of strength and life.

katrocket said...

I really like your illustration. My thoughts will be with you and my American friends on Monday. Take care, SB.

Anonymous said...

wow - nice

I just finished watching Ken Burns' documentary on the WTC. It was harsh seeing Mayor Koch crying. I saw him all the time in NYC on tv or in real life. He was either smiling or arguing.

I'd figure I try to deal with my sadness tonight and try to focus on work tomorrow. For some reason it's harder for me this year.

steakbellie said...

it does look wonderfully like trees though....

steakbellie said...

i didnt even know Ken Burns did a WTC doc!