Friday, September 22, 2006

Friends of Carlotta


Skull
Originally uploaded by -Birdy-.
When I was a kid there was a show called "Quincy Jones" in which a guy who was an extremely messy patholigist, lived with a neat-freak and they had all sorts of funny situations and solved murders and whatnot by noticing some funny brusies on a dead body. That show is the great grand-daddy of all the millions of Medical Investigative shows that are on now like ISI:SUV. I dont watch ANY of those shows, but I wish I did right now.

This morning, out of the blue, there was a break in a FIFTEEN YEAR OLD cold case. What is the newfound evidence you say? It's the image you see right here in this article. That image was produced by a Man named Birdy.

--------------

In college I had a full and perfect Cow Skull that sat on my desk. You could touch it and it was wonderfully dry and white. It still had it's teeth but no horns and it was one of the many hundreds of things that kept hot young horny college girls out of my pants...(the first thing on the list was the brain within my own skull).

People would ask about the Cow skull, and I would reply simply:

"His name is Ramone"

This line is from an old Steve Martin Movie called "Dead Men Dont Wear Plaid". No One ever saw the movie and if they did, they probably wouldnt connect the two because he was holding a Puppy at the time, not a Cow Skull. So, anyway I'd say the line with a gravely Spanish accent just like Steve did. The blankley staring piece of ass would soon walk out the dormroom in search of someone far less complicated.


There were two other important things in that room. One was a poster of Georgia O'Keefe's painting:"Cowskull: Red, White and Blue", and the other was a roommate named.....Birdy.

------------

Ramone lived with us for several years and was quite happy and content on my Drafting Table. He was thrilled when we moved off campus to a much larger apartment and took on two new roommates named JuneBug and LumpLump.

JuneBug and LumpLump were wonderful roommates to have because they were outgoing and fun and not social mistfits me and Birdy were (Birdy was Brooding and Menacing in a small kind of way, and I was shy, narcistic and unaware in a big kind of way) Large, LARGE parties of people would appear in our apartment(Birdy was once invited by a stranger on Campus to his own party.) and we would desperately try to kill ourselves with copiuos quantities of beer.

I had longish hair and bikini underwear.
It was fun.

----------------

So one weekend or summer or whatever I was back at my Ancestial Home...away from the party for only three days. When I came back, imagine my shock at seeing Ramone moved from his perch, and broken in several places. This Cow Skull who had become one of my closest friends was forever broken...unable to heal because he was, well, dead.

When I asked my roommates what had happened, I wasnt comforted for my loss or told that they dont know...just silence...noone said anything. I was hurt and suspicious as I buried my friend in cardboard box and placed him in my parents attic.

-----------------

I believe that Birdy knows something, and this image is just a shout-out from his subconcious to be free of the guilt. It's been a long time my friend, it's time to let Ramone rest....

Junebug, you're not off the hook either. I'm going to go to my parents house this weekend so my kids can scan it with their electron microscope for clues. You should tell what you know now, before my sons coming knocking at your door looking for answers.

---------------

Incidently, it may have been the destruction of Ramone and not my reallization that God wants us to bang hot chix, that lead to me meeting a blonde haired girl from South Jersey.....

8 comments:

katrocket said...

You keep mentioning the bikini underwear, what's with that? Still longing for a good thonging?

I love hearing about your college days. Fun story and very inspiring. As a misfit (who's way cooler than you ever were), it gives me hope that one day, I too will find love in spite of myself.

I hope you were kidding about Quincy Jones. If so, damn, you've got brilliant wit! If not, well...damn.

steakbellie said...

What? You watched Quicy Jones to???
:)

There were a few harrowing moments, where I was the coolest goddamn M-F'er on the planet...I've fallen quite abit, and my kids are happy to point out how uncool I am now.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, this made me laugh. Not just for the nostalgia - which was amazingly captured an summarized with eerie accuracy - but for the writing itself. Well done, sir. Plus, as soon as I saw Friends of Carlotta I had a million moments of that movie blasting through my head. In fact, I just typed out about ten of them and then realized this post was waaay too long so I deleted them all.

The important thing is that I had completely forgotten about Ramone. I mean completely. Until this writing....

...and I'm not saying shit.

gerberdaisy said...

without the slaying of Ramone, 3 blonde haired blued boys may not be here today.
Rest in peace Ramone. Rest in peace.
Move on SB, its time to let go my love!

Smelmooo said...

I loved his book, "The Judge."

Anonymous said...

U had me HOOK LINE & SINKER at the reference to LARGE AUREOLAS!!

any relation to RAZOR RAMONE of WWF fame*

i was more of a BARNABY JONES man myself but having been WEANED on Beverley HillBillies & LARGE AUREOLAS i guess it shouldn't really come as that Big of a surprize to anyone*

loved it when Barnaby would sneak a SWIG O THEE OL BOOZE out of his DESK DRAWER*************

arrived here via Birdy's Kiss U where U PEE response*

sigh.............

;PP

ArtieLange said...

I'm concered. You DO realize it was Quincy and not Quincy Jones, right? Either your memory or my sense of humor is shot. I'm betting that your memory has gone kaput.

ArtieLange said...

I'm concered. You DO realize it was Quincy and not Quincy Jones, right? Either your memory or my sense of humor is shot. I'm betting that your memory has gone kaput.