Monday, September 12, 2005

owned


owned
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
Some of you familiar with this blog knew of this impending clash of titans that I've been training daly for from this article.I managed to stack on 15lbs from lifting and eating these last 2 months and I'm proud to say that not more than 13 of those pounds are fat.

The game was standard 2 hand touch, but was pretty rough on the line with lots of hitting to get to the quarterback. We played 8 on 8 and somehow managed to stay on our feet for 3 hours and 15 minutes when the triple overtime tie was broken.

There was ALOT of shit being talked during the game and there were some screaming at the rulings (we had a ref too).

This is the first year that noone broke fingers or a nose. My team won and thanks for a triple-tie for second, I was voted the MVP and got to take the trophy home...it's on my mantel right now but unbeknownest to my wife, I'm building a shrine for it in our dining room. It gets engraved with my name later this week, and I'm considering adding another tier to it. Unfortunatley I have to give it to next years MVP, so I have to get all the mileage out of it that I can.

After the game we had a BBQ and kicked a half keg and then played Texas Holdem till I was too drunk to see, and just went all in on nothing....total MAN day....

Sunday, was OK, alittle stiff but not too bad

Today I can barely move....bruised forearms, and the backs of my legs are on fire....I really dont care though, I can die happy now....I'm no longer the kid picked third from last in gym class

4 comments:

steakbellie said...

I cant wait to read all about it! Good Luck!

d.K. said...

Fantastic!!! I've been losing sleep over the thought that you might not win the MVP trophy. There are some things you can't recover from, and this might have been one of those - but it's all academic now!

You should take a picture of the trophy in its shrine every week for the next year. Then make a collage and label each photo: MVP Trophy, Week 1; MVP Trophy, Week 2, etc., frame it, and hang that in the place of honor when the trophy moves on... How could your wife not love that?

Congratulations :)

It's the "Last Call" said...

Wow you know that trophy is way sexy stuff man... Gotta respect a guy that goes out and beats the crap outta himself for some braggin' rights :) Yay YOU WON!

steakbellie said...

wahoo!!!

DK I LOVE that idea! I defintely need to create some kind of memorial to the trophy for when it's not in my possesion anymore. Maybe a duplicate trophy? hmmm....