Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Anything worth doing is worth getting drunk first


shirts
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
I'm retarted

I know that

Two years ago a bunch of guys from my Poker game decided we should have a football game between all of the dads of the neighborhood. We actually took the time to plan it, and had it at a local school. We drank a bunch of beers and then picked teams out of a hat and played 2 hand touch for about 2 hours. It was awesome....kids and wives yelled from the sidelines. Somebody pulled a hamstring on almost every down.

We had a BarBQue for all the families afterwards and at the end of the night we casted votes for who was the 'MVP'...good fun.

Last year we had the game again, but this time nobody drank beforehand. I ran for several weeks to get in shape for it and so did most people. At the afterparty the MVP got an enourmaous trophy with a football player and two cheerleaders to take home for the year. It's his responsibility to get his name engraved on it, and then pass it along to next years MVP.

It part of my nature to 'up the ante' I know I should be focusing on my job and other things but honestly all I want is that stupid trophy. I've been lifting on a daily basis for about a month and a half, shit I was up at 5:30 this morning to work out...despite my need to lose weight, I've been eating like mad to buld as much bulk and muscle as possible.

Whats funnier is that I'm not the only one...I've been chcking ion with my buddies kids & wives...spying on them...and they are all doing the same thing to get that stupid trophy.

This year I had shirts made in blue and green, whatever color you pull out of the bag? Thats your team. Heavyweight cotton with silkreen fronts, silscreen numbered backs and each shirt has a 'Nickname'. You get assigned a nickname by random! The shirts have names like 'Knuckles', 'Gorilla', and 'Chick Magnet'. Also this year I had medals made for the winning team that will be presented in an Olympic Type ceremony...hopefully one of the wives will dress up like a cheerleader to present them.

We mock each other like school children at the Barbques...
Steakbellie:"You better hope you're on my team, cause I'm gonna hit you so hard you'll vote for me twice!"
Dave:"What, have you seen these GUNS?!!?!"
Steakbellie: I'm gonna hit you so hard you'll be the only guy in Heaven in a wheelchair!" (shamelessly stolen from Chris Rock)
Dave:laughs and then.."Hows the Potato Salad?"
Steakbellie: "Pretty Good"

Why do I care about all this stuff? Because I'm retarted....

2 comments:

It's the "Last Call" said...

BWAHAHA you might be retarded, but I'm laughin'. That's gotta be worth something. No really....

steakbellie said...

:)