Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Government Relief Workers Mosey In To Help

More biting sarcasm from this weeks Onion

NEW ORLEANS—Federal Emergency Management Agency director Michael Brown, leading a detachment of 7,500 relief workers, moseyed on down to New Orleans Monday afternoon. "Well, I do declare, it's my job to see if any of these poor folks need any old thing," Brown said from his command rocker on the command post porch, adding, "Mighty hot day, ain't it?" Follow-up teams of emergency relief workers are expected to begin ambling into the Gulf Coast region as early as this weekend. "They should be getting the trucks good and warmed up anytime now, and they'll be cruising into town just as soon as all the reservists stroll in," said Brown, who is currently at his desk awaiting offers of food, water, and evacuation buses to roll in from "somewhere or other."

5 comments:

steakbellie said...

Because they take the link down in only a week, and I dont want a blog full o' dead links....

HA!
Here's one for you....remember when we took that trip to NYC for some art class and we didnt have any food or money so I cooked a huge frozen turkey and ripped all the meat off and put in a huge ziplock bag? We walked around all day holding that stupid thing.
"Bag O' Meat"

Rodney(or possibly SRV) gave me some Southern Comfort to drink to swallow my antibiotics on the bus at about 8am. I had some kind of drug interaction and was completely wasted the first half of the day, sweating my ass off....

steakbellie said...

and wait a second lazy bones, you wrote two paragraphs this week after a George W Bush length hiatus!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember the drinking and eating turkey from a bag. That was great! I'm not even sure if that Turkey was fully cooked, now that I think about it. But the Southern Comfort cooked it in our bellies, so who cares.

And, as for my writing...I'm writing not cutting and pasting!

steakbellie said...

did you say my goose wasnt cooked?
how dare you....

steakbellie said...

why soil a perfectly good platter? Ziplock Bags!