Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Your Papers Please.....


Dont leave home without it
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
My Drivers Lisence is Expired.

This causes me to have conversations like this at the bank:

Teller: You know that your lisence has expired Mr Steakbellie.
Steakbellie: Yeah, but at least I havent.
(silence)
Teller: You're going to have to speak to a Manager.

I have a long storied battle with my nemisis the NJDMV. They won the most recent victory when I fled to PA. My PA liscence came due when I turned 35 last month, and it really wouldnt be all that hard to get a new one if you were anyone else. I however have made it a much bigger problem.

I've grown a Grizzly Adams beard for the contest and I dont want to take my Lisence photo with a beard. It would be a bad idea like when suddenly I shaved my head the day before I got my passport photo acouple of years ago. So that puts it back to Feb 6th before I can be clean shaven.

The main problem is that I want to wear a tuxedo when I get the photo done. I always thought that it would be a cool thing to have you DL picture in a tux. In fact a few months ago when i made my list of things i have to do before i die, it was one of the things on that list...but all of that means i have to take half a day off from work, because i'm not wearing a tux to the office. I dont want these people to have any idea how fucked up i really am.

I may have to get the liscence sooner with the beard and then get a duplicate with the tux.....that would just plain suck.....

No comments: