Saturday, October 29, 2005

top of the cake

i thought had a tough week
then somebody i knew died today

and everything changes

he was my age
my height (well four inches shorter)
but made it up in people that loved/respected him
goatee and earing
and a smile to love

our kids went to school together
he coached C@lebs baseball team this year

He Coached football with my sons
and we endured five LONG years of wrestling together
I have photos of him on the website

i evenwrote an article about him once here

We're talking about a father of two boys
who loved them desperatley
who was never without his wife

and always pretended to be happy to see me
a decent man
better than me
dead on the road

i have a photo of the car wreck and it shows the blood on the highway.....

People came to football practice tonight to cry together
and hear hear that they just unplugged his machine
have you seen 350lbs coaches cry?
seriously, tattooed shaven earinged coaches crying

how about a team of 100lbs kids that loved him and his sons
dressed in their pads and weeping
upon each other
have you seen that?
close your eyes and feel it
its a fucking mess

if you got something to do you better fucking do it
times running out

1 comment:

It's the "Last Call" said...

I'm so dreadfully sorry for your loss. I hate that. It makes one feel so helpless. All anyone can do is just love each other, take care of each other. Remember.