Monday, October 24, 2005

Clan Steakbellie


Steakbellie Tartan
Originally uploaded by steakbellie
I was writing a painfully embarrasing article about my weekend, and I've decided to apply Ochams Razor and simplify it so I dont beat myself up too badly.
* I went to an OctoberFest Party at my neighbors!
* Somehow I wound up drinking Whiskey! (I dont drink hard liquor)
* I convinced my wife to drop me off at a local Irish bar to see my friends band play!
* I brought no money, but entered a contest to pour Gunniess!
* I got in line many times pretending to be a different person! (free gunniess)
* I spoke to everyone in a Scottish Accent the whole night! (including people I know)
* I'm not very good at that!
* I remember very little of this, but it was reconstructed for me by others!
* The next day, upon confessing to my wife that I puked in the backyard, she informed me of all the other places I puked too!

See it's a hell of alot less embarrassing when I list it in fun, bulleted copy. I havent drunk this much since college. In fact this is the first time I've blacked out in 13 years. I've been cringing with every new revelation that has been coming my way. Apparently I talked to a whole bunch of people...ughhhh.

I do remember the Scottish Accent part. I thought it would be ironic to do that in an Irish bar....

5 comments:

ArtieLange said...

Was it a raspy Scottish accent?

Anonymous said...

Ha HA! Ha hahhaha haha ahahha ahahahahahahahahahah haha ah aha ah ahaha!

Did you kiss any strange men or women?

steakbellie said...

Artie: Despite my Highland heritage an educated guess would say it was a lowland accent....so low we could call it a swampland accent.

Birdy: Why, what did you hear?

Anonymous said...

think the accent was bad? the pictures are worse.

steakbellie said...

i left alot of details out of the story....including that I took 80 pictures inside the bar.....