Monday, October 03, 2005

There's Ed

Was on my weekely lunch with Jason, critic of Philly's Homeless...we're walking past an outdoor cafe. I nod towards a tan man in his fifties eating lunch on a sidewalk table. Jason bumps his table walking past.

Steakbellie: "There's Ed"
Jason: "Who's Ed?"
Steakbellie: "The Govenor"
Jason: "Of?"
Steakbellie: "Pennsylvania"
Jason: "Why dont we say hi?"
Steakbellie: "He's Eating you Jackass"
Jason: "Oh"

Ed Rendell is the most accessable politician in history. I've shook his hand twice in the last 4 years....he's freaking everywhere...and isnt that what we want? Someone on the scene?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Rendell is great and he was great in Philly when he was Mayor. My one complaint about him is his total endorsement of Mayor Street - a corrupt buffoon.

Anonymous said...

where is my column? It has been over four minutes!

steakbellie said...

yeah, I got the feeling he wasnt too crazy about it either, but that he was hoping for the best