Friday, October 07, 2005

I Love You, Kurt Vonnegut


vonnegut
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
I just found out Kurt Vonnegut has a new book out. I feared Timequake was the last. He's 83 Brazillion years old now and I was afraid he had Alzeimers or something.

I actually dread the news of his death which is something that runs counter to my anti-cult-of-personality philosophy.

So it goes.

His books have meant so much to me over the years. They are chocked full of incompetant failure, but always a glimmer of hope. They make me feel like I'm not alone.

His latest advice?
"please notice when you are happy"

3 comments:

steakbellie said...

83 Brazillion sounds better and I'll project that Mr Vonnegut might agree

So it goes....

steakbellie said...

Harrison Bergeron? Is that a story within a story? I think I've read 23 out of 25 but perhaps I havent.

Did he publish it as 'Kilgore Trout'?

steakbellie said...

WOW
Thankyou. I read that one in High School, I remembered it a year ago and was trying to find which book it was (apparently it was a very short story!)

I'm smiling....