Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Steakbellie hits it big


power ball
Originally uploaded by steakbellie
Concerning the post about winning the lottery, I like Birdy's assessment that most fights ARE about imaginary things. In fact I realized that I dont have this lottery conversation with my own wife because WE'D probably fight about it too.

My wife is an extrememly fun person, who knows how to enjoy life. $10 Million would inspire her to throw a party that lasted about two months and spanned every continent. There would be lots of fun, laughing and drinking and in the end, all of the money would be spent and I'd have a house full of animals and candles.

Despite not buying tickets, I too have a detailed plan of how I'd spend (read: not spend) the money...and by great contrast, I'd die anonymously laying on a huge pile of stock certificates with dirty socks on, sometime in the next century. I actually get alittle stressed when I dive into this fantasy so, it probably a good thing that I dont win.

Seriously, I'd love to remain annonymous, and not even tell my friends. I'd pay off my house and tell the neighbors that I quit my job to become an actor. Whenever I showed up with a new car, I'd say I landed a spot on a Soap Opera. You know, the one on the Spanish station.

I'd buy a beach house with the sole purpose of offering it to my friends for when they want to vacation with their families. So many of us can never get away anywhere and I think a free vacation is a kick nice thing to do for someone. I'd hook up my parents and inlaws with permanant money. My sibs not so. I'd pay off their debts (houses, cars), but not give them any cash. I mean we still need SOME people in this family working!

So at lunch today, I went out and bought 2 Powerball tickets....Aidious!!!

1 comment:

It's the "Last Call" said...

Yeah you guys (you and Birdy-num nums) are right, we always fight over the things we can't even hold in our hands--the ideas, the imagined winnings, the ideals... hell we fight about respect and perceptions.

I like both ideas about what to do with the imaginary money--R would have a huge party like your wife and I would probably do what you'd do... funny :)