Thursday, December 14, 2006

Worlds Tallest Man Saves Dolphins


I read about this, this morning and it struck me as sweet and TVish.

Two captive Chinese Dolphins ate a plastic pool liner, and the vets were unable to remove the pieces with their tools. They called in the worlds tallest man to reach down into their stomachs with his long arms and remove the blockages.

Since when do the freaks get to actually use their freakdom to do something important in real life? It's the stuff of every comic book. It's the stuff of after school movies. Hell, it's the basis of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!

"The Dolphins are choking! someone get the worlds tallest man!"

"The remote has been kicked under this very heavy couch...call Mr Universe!"

"The computer system is locked up and the Dinosaurs are running all over the Island...get that super smart twelve year old girl who is a hacking genius!!!"


I applaud you world's tallest man, you and your freakish abilities. You are reject to the village no-more! I exhalt the genius who actually thought to call you in the first place, and I would like for him to know that I can eat lots of stuff fast...just in case there's an emergency that requires that sort of thing....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No offense, but you know they'll call Kobayashi if they need someone to eat a lot of hot dogs real fast. He can transform to Super Seiyan level three and has mastered the Kamehameha. Plus he's a lot closer to China.

This story reminded me of the Five Chinese Brothers. They looked alike and each had a strange ability that they used to keep their brother from being executed (Google it).

Also, might the second-tallest man have been able to reach it? Of course, if you've got the tallest man, why risk it?

steakbellie said...

wonderful point.

it's like being the second oldest person in the world. You're just not that important unless they die, or you kill them yourself.

this is probably why i never get phonecalls to save the world via eating walls of hotdogs. The reality is that one of the 37 people in front of me wont have a prior commitment and will be called up.

i need to get better....

Dave S. said...

Are you serious? A highly skilled veteranarian and all of their fancy tools couldn't remove the blockage so they went with "the guy with really long arms"?

Crazy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty incredible. I love the whole chain of events: that someone thought of him as a solution, that he agreed, that it worked. Crazy!

I used to love that Chinese brothers book when I was little. I think I reread it fairly recently and found it was a bit more, um, un-PC than I remembered. Still a good story, though.

steakbellie said...

with all the video cameras present it almost feels like a marketing scheme of some sort. Certainly only a Marketing mind would think of using the worlds tallest man to save Dolphions. Same kind of buzz when a 99lbs woman eats a horse.

I TOTALLY loved that 5 Chinese brothers book and I realized I proabably havent read it in 30 years! (OI!!! Just that I can say that about ANYTHING)

I need to get a copy....

Wendy said...

Wow.
I have a friend who was in a band called Five Chinese Brothers. Great stuff http://www.myspace.com/5chinesebrothers