Tuesday, December 05, 2006

i'm ready.

I've eaten my last meal, and now it's just a matter of waiting for time to pass. There's plenty to do here at work so I'm doing it. Once I get home, I need to get the 2ft Hoagie, Lemonade and Chips from Wawa. Get my Kilt and stopwatch together. Take the kids to wrestling practice and then bring them home and clean them up for bed.

Once the boys are down I'll take a long run to burn off any excess energy and give myself some alone time to think about what needs to be done. The biggest issue will be weather or not they let me dunk the sandwich slices in the lemonade first. Anytime you need to eat bread fast, it's wise to get it wet first. I've only practiced the stunt with dunking. That part is out of my hands, so I need to let it go.

I'm looking forward to watching my buddy Wing Kong Qualify at the 7am slot...I'm REALLY looking forward to attacking that food like an animal and claiming my own spot. I want to be up on that stage again.....

11 comments:

Chris the Hippie said...

Is this gonna be broadcast? Like, on the net where I can hear it here in Iowa? You're gonna buy the sandwich the day BEFORE the event? Won't it get dry and crunchy on the outside and icky in the inside?

steakbellie said...

Anyone interested in hearning the broadcast should go to http://www.610wip.com/
and then click on 'listen live' in the upper left hand corner. I'll be on the radio talking sometime between 8-8:30 talking but the stunt should start promptly at 8:30.

I'm eating early tomorrow and dont want to get to the store at 6:00 am and find out they are out of 2ft Rolls! I'll sleep better knowing that I'm ready to go.

Anonymous said...

Spray it with water, then wrap it in cellophane. That should sufficiently soggy that sucker up. You're going to do it, there is no doubt. You will succeed. You're ready. Go Steakbellie, go!

Erik "the Red" Denmark said...

Tear it up Steakbellie! Don't fret about the water situation, you can do it either way. If you can't dunk than just get it down with many swigs of the lemonade you have to drink anyway. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, just think of it like dunking in reverse. Hold the food in your mouth and let the lemonade soak it through before chewing. (Or not; that's advice from someone who only spectates.)

You can do it!

gerberdaisy said...

liz and SRF good advice! By the way, no one realizes what its like living in the same house with this guy, as i'm sure it is with many prof eaters. Not to mention our WingKong and family. We are all feeling physically sick with anticipation. The ten year old has been complaining of a headache since yesterday and said to me today as he was reading eatfeats.com, that he thinks his headache is because he is so nervous for daddy and that at school he can't think about anything else!! I totally relate. He is totally going to do it , we have faith !!!!!!!!!!!!

gerberdaisy said...

meant to sat we are best friends with WingKong and family, oops

Anonymous said...

Steak, go man go! Also, way to politely answer the question about listening online. Unlike the jerk who wrote me on efeats (unless that was gdaisy - I'm trying to not accidently offend her anymore ;-)). From my experience, drinking while you chew is a pretty good substitute for dunking. Can't wait 'til the video's online. I'll probably get to work early to listen. BTW are you still working tomorrow?

Dave S. said...

Good luck bro! Channel the power of the UEPa and turn that sucka out! (Whatever that means.)

I'll be listening intently from my desk at work and can't wait to see the video.

gerberdaisy said...

anon coward, i swear i did not write anything to you!

we are peeps now!!!!
i got yo back!

Anonymous said...

I also like the title of this post, "I'm ready." I picture you adjusting your kilt, calibrating your stopwatch, and running out the door like SpongeBob, singing "III'm ready! III'm ready! III'm ready!"