Wednesday, April 12, 2006

spring fever

it's so f'ing nice out and I'm stuck here in my retarted office. My kids have the whole week off for spring break and that makes it twice as hard to be here. They are staying up late and sleeping in.

My muscles are itchy. Like dep under my skin, and it just feels like I need to pick up something really heavy to make them stop. Some kind of exertion or expenditure of glycogen. Maybe at lunch I'll go find some fatass on the street and grab him from behind and pick up.

Fatass: "What the fuck?!"
Steakbellie: "Sorry, I had itchy muscles"
Fatass: "Thats ok, I thought you were some weirdo"

Seriously, I think I need to run around the block.....

4 comments:

Wendy said...

A run might help. My kids are home all week & my office is at home. It's so depressing to hear them having fun while I'm sitting here working. (well, clearly not working THAT hard since I'm posting here -- PLUS I have 20 coming for seder in 5 hours. Yikes.)

Chris the Hippie said...

In my neighborhood, if you run around the block, people assume you're running for a reason.

"He ain't got a TV in his hands; he must've got caught breakin' in."

Interestingly enough, I've seen with my very own eyes people "accidently" step in front of the cop who was chasing a guy. "Well, I knew the guy who was runnin'. Ain't never seen the cop before..."

Another time I came out of the shop, locked the door behind me, and turned around to see a cop chasing a guy. Looked like it was in slow motion - they were both fat, panting, clearly not in shape to either run or chase. The runner ended up face down in a snowbank behind our dumpster, cop on top of him, gun drawn, panting and wheezing.

So, to make a short story merely tedius, I don't run in my neighborhood. In fact, I don't really go outside much...

But it's 80 and sunny and I have a motorcycle. I'm shackled to my desk, and the boss just tossed the keys JUST out of reach...

Anonymous said...

"Get your sneakers on! You must go and run around the block, NOW!"
:)

steakbellie said...

already did it!!!!
feeling marginally better....