Monday, April 03, 2006

I Love Rey Mysterio


rey_619


Rey Mysterio!!!
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
I dont care that it's scripted
I dont care that it's lowbrow
Professional Wrestling stimulates some deep portion of my brain. Some deep fantasy of instilling fear and having an arch-enemy that wasnt yourself for once. The idea of a simple life that just consists of fistfighting and trashtalking...of wearing flashy pants and tattoos. We suspend belief for two hours and let ourselves be entertained.

I love the posing, the underhanded telegraphed melodrama.

Rey Mysterio won the World Heavyweight Championship belt last night at Wrestlemania, and my kids called me from the neighbors house to tell me they were so excited they screamed. I couldnt be happier....

4 comments:

Smelmooo said...

Did you tape it?!?!

I didn't get to see it because of family obligations and be happy to pay you for a copy of it!

Thanks.

Brian

steakbellie said...

nah, i was too cheap to spend the $50. My kids fled to the neighbors house to see it though. We'll buy the dvd when it comes out, sounds like there were some awesome matches!

fingers said...

I was a big Super Fly fan when I was a kid. Also, the Road Warriors. I thought the Freebirds were wankers. One channel showed Mexican wrestling, but it wasn't sub-titled or dubbed so I had no idea what the hell was going on half the time, the announcer ws just screaming wildly.

But once in awhile the legendary Blue Demon made an appearance.

He would battle bastardos!

steakbellie said...

i will battle the bastardos
when the call comes in....