Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Artie Lang is right

I need to get the fuck out of this place. Just the sound of my bosses voice makes me ill, and I'm afraid I wont be able to hide my revulsion much longer...he comes into the office, and I feel like all the air is taken out of me.

I need to work somewhere where I can believe in the boss to at least be an ok person. This guy is a total asshole and I've put up with it why?
* I have my own office
* I dont have to work longer hours than 45
* I can bike to work
* I can run at lunch

Thats pretty much it. I'm certain I could find a place that has those things, and doesnt treat everyone like shit. I could do my job if he just got out of the fucking way.....

I'm looking after Memorial Day

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I could do my job if he just got out of the fucking way" - is universal. Don't expect that to change anywhere, unless you're self employeed. Then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot I wrote this last Monday...

Haiku #5

steakbellie said...

dealing with people is universal. dealing with this guy is stupid. I have a long track record of making things work.

Anonymous said...

I'd bet if you went somewhere and said "i need my own office, can't work more than 45 hours, i like to bike to work and run at lunch" that'd be more than do-able. Birdy's right - unless you're calling the shots, someone will always be in your way. But if you can live with your 4 things in a new environment, maybe you can make it work. sounds like this guy has run his course. time for some new blood.

Chris the Hippie said...

Any chance of wrangling your boss' job away from him? Could be worth a shot if you're willing to leave anyway...

I like what Jenne said, too. Know your motivations before you take a drastic step.

I know I'm full of hooey. Just ask my wife.

steakbellie said...

Jenne
I'm defintley going to find a place to 'run to'. I dont intend to just take anything. I like the way you phrase it though

steakbellie said...

srf,
I guess it's kinda of silly and lazy to not want to start over. it wont hurt to look.

steakbellie said...

Chris,
The central problem with my boss is that he is the sole owner of this company. Obviously I wont be able to take his job in that situation. I'll never work for a private comapny like this again....waaaaaay to much hassle to get him to pay for any of the tools we need to do our jobs....