Friday, April 21, 2006

My Dream


Henry Rollins 1
Originally uploaded by R_O_B_O.
I went to Home Depot to get a new TV. Over by the lumber, they have a couch/washer/dryer combo. It's made by GE and I'm looking at it thinking how porrly it was designed.

This particular model looks like a washer tied to a dryer with shiny black pleather coushions taped to it. It's pretty high up to sit on.

It would probably be better if they kept the washer/dryer part short, and underneath the sitting portion.

Henry Rollins (former lead singer of Black Flag) is standing next to it and points out that it has a coffee maker in the armrest.

"This thing is going to change leisure time for women, everywhere"

"huh" i reply.

"Now they can have tea-time"

"huh" i repeat.

We walk over to the tv section which is where he now lives with his new wife and 13 year-old step-son.

"This is Aaron" Henry says in a gravely voice"
I give Aaron a smile. He has black curly hair and bad skin.

I walk over to the tv and turn on the cd player above it. One of his albums starts to play.

Henry's wife is sitting on an old blue couch smoking a cigarette. She's a big woman with a mound of grey hair that is unkempt.

She yells at me.
"Turn that shit off!!!!"
Henry gives me a nod like I should do what she says.

"huh" I reply...

2 comments:

katrocket said...

hilarious!!!!!!!

especially Hank's wife.

steakbellie said...

it was the weirdest freaking dream....doubly weird because I actually remembered it.