Friday, August 19, 2005

Haiku's in the workplace

In the last year I've written some Haikus on this blog. A Haiku is a simple poem that is 3 lines. The first line is 5 sylables, the second line is 7 sylables and the third line is again 5 sylables. You dont have to rhyme. Officially you are supposed to allude to the season. (if you mention cherry blossoms...spring) I havent followed that part.

I have a co-worker(Cubicle Ninja) that understands (well I hope he does anyway) my sense of humor. When I email him, I configure the information into a haiku. This is much more challenging but is very funny. I forbade him from sending me anything but Haiku's as well. He was able to 'one up' me and he composes his Haiku's in Japanese.

Cubicle Ninja and I had a very important meeting today with the CEO, the new CFO and a vendor of ours. It was to discuss the new accounting software we are writing and will have a profound effect on the success Company.

My goal for the meeting was to write and speak a Haiku to the vendor, in such a way that noone (especially my boss) but C.Ninja would know that I was doing it. I was completely tripped up when the Vendor turned up with the most amazing hair. Actually I dont know if it was hair, and I spent all of my time trying to determine if it was a wig or weave or something...it was incredibly distracting. I'm not knocking baldness or anything like that...I'm qued for my own...I'm just saying that if baldness was the problem, this guy doesnt have the answer.

I did however manage salvage the meeting and write a Haiku, but it was unspeakable at that venue:

Wiggy hair-hat man
Wrinkly eyes and a gold chain
Please write my software

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

I'm still laughing at how stupid i can be!