Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Armstrong and Doping

I've had a very long article on Armstrong and the tour that I have been meaning to write. The holdup is a photograph of him that I took in 1993. I think I know where it is and I intend to scan it tonight. I feel very passionate about my argument, but I feel I can back it up with a rational statements. I expect to be exhausted when it is completed.

Yesterday the French paper L'Equip says that it has proof that Armstrong used a banned substance in 1999. The Director of the Tour itself has also said some irresponsible and infamitory things. To the casual reader these people sound fully credible, but I'd like to point out that there have been some serious political issues and confrontation going on for the last 7 years, and that some of that will be more clear in the coming days.

9 comments:

Smelmooo said...

The best part about Lance Armstrong retiring... is... that Americans do not have to care about cycling anymore.

steakbellie said...

i hope your dog bites you

d.K. said...

Can't wait for your essay. I have a hard time believing the French are right - I suspect they are just a bit annoyed that an American won their coveted jewel seven years in a row! Also, odd that purported test results from 1989 are released now, days after Lance met with Bush? Hmmm.

steakbellie said...

they have been trying to ruin his name for a long time now....

Abreu, Jorge said...

Yeah dude, I read about that in the paper. The guy's retired for god's sake leave him alone! Always trying to bring a champion down. Truthfully, even he did use iot I don't give a shit. Armstrong's the man.

Smelmooo said...

You haven't blogged today... so I am bored... TIme to mock Lance.

mock mock mock.

steakbellie said...

you fear me....

Smelmooo said...

She is going to move in with Michael.

Insanity

steakbellie said...

Smelmooo, you make me laugh by posting that here. So everyone knows we're talking about the Blog 'Nothings going to change my world'.

I almost want to open an article concerning this woman, and get some good discussion going about it....but I got to thinking how weird that would be if strangers were discussing the personal aspects of my own life somewhere on the internet.

If anyone decides to read that particular blog, go back to the beginning and work your way forward.

I think the most appealing thing is that the comments are turned off...I'm not very comfortable leaving comments on peoples blogs, but I WANT to in this case mostly because I cant!!!!