Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Jobs I would like

I think if they wouldnt screw up my family life, and if I could actually make money at them I'd do the following I'll add to it as I think of them:

Bike Messenger: I'd switch my drop-ins to bull-horns and ride my ass off. I love the idea of getting paid to ride, and I find it refreshing that it's as simple as "get to this address, then come back" I'd get the tights, the hat, and that crazy bag with the big walkie-talkie strapped on. Fuck you buddy, I'm coming through....

Flight Attendant: I waited tables for many years, I imagine it requires alot of the same ass-kissing skills. I'd travel the world, and be forced to meet new people! Plus I look good in a tie!

Fireman: I was a fire-watch at a refinery during my summers at college. Pretty much that mean I sttod in a concrete tank field baking in the sun while welders worked on pipes that were full of gasoline. If there was a problem, we were all dead, but by law I had to stand there with a charged 2.5 in fire hose. That part sucked but they gave me a week of training and putting out real fires and that was awesome. Whats cooler than being a fireman? You get to save people and kick down doors....

Garbage Man: This is a holdover from my early childhood. I thought it would be pretty cool to ride the back of the truck and jump on and off. I'd still do it...

Car Mechanic: I like solving mechanical problems....I love cars and engines....

Sniper: This add-on was from Birdy, but is something I've thought about before. Crawl on your belly for 3 days. Fire One Bullet. Crawl Back.
I dont necessarily like the idea of killing people, but I think it's something I would excel at. I'm a very simple and patient person, and very good with a rifle (I couldnt hit the ground with a handgun though, those things are useless to me) I like dirt and the smell of Cordite. I like simple goals and means...oh yeah chix, I like chix.

High-End Hair Stylist: I can cut hair, nothing fancy, and not women (yet). It's alot like scuplting. I think with a small amount of training, I could open a high-end hair salon. Some women pay $$$$ for the PERCEPTION that they are getting their hair styled by some famous designer. Black Slacks and a black T-shirt. Then a legion of women stlyists and wash girls. I'd have to put on my gay persona to make the whole thing kosher but I can swing with that sweetie. I think it would be more funny than fun, but it really is just the design of the salon and the attitude we'd sell. When I got laid off I thought about doing this at one point. It would have been the perfect time to change directions, but I was crunched for time and cash and scared.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My choices:

1. Fireman - I was 'this' close to actually being a fireman in Philadelphia, but I didn't meet the residency requirement. I wasn't living there long enough. Before I actually had passed the required amount of time, I got a different job.

2. Chef - I like cooking. It's very creative. Not baking though - that's like Chemistry.

I'm not sure on a third. I actually really like the job I have, so maybe that should be in there. But also, being a sniper would kick ass.

steakbellie said...

Chef- I love cooking too but I dont think it would be a fun job. All the times I worked in restauraunts the chefs seemed to be having the least fun. It would satisfy my need to do something urgent though. Great point about Baking. If you stray from the formula, you're fucked. In cooking, if you add too much or garlic...everybody wins!

Sniper- Damn good choice, I'm gonna add it!