Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Here comes the Mayor! Here comes the Mayor!


Mayor McCheese
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.

Lets call him the Mayor. Mostly because thats what we call him at the Poker Game. I've known the Mayor for 5 Years, he's got 2 boys that are friends with mine, so I see him at Scouts, Birthdays, Swimteam, Baseball, BBQ's....everything.

I get to talk to him alot, and have come to know him fairly well. The Mayor likes beer....Real Beer....he might serve you an 'Anchor Steam'. He likes to play cards, in fact he started our neighborhood game that has grown quite big. He's a huge baseball fan and blah blah blah..you get the idea. I know the guy and my image of him is set in my head. I dont waste any time figuring him out.

Our sons were opposing each other in a baseball game last night. The Mayor shows up in a blue shirt. 10 feet behind the Mayor is the Mayor in a red shirt. Had I not been so stunned, I would have used this opportunity to scream "I see everything twice!!!" (see Catch-22).


Mayor McCheese
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
My mouth was probably hanging open as my brain was flashing "Does Not Compute" over and over. It was the funniest feeling to see TWO of the same person that I know, walking towards me.

It probably took me 20 seconds to come up with the obvious...duh...the Mayor has a Cybernetic Dopplelganger that he uses to thwart assaination attempts. 20 more seconds...hey dumbass...he's a TWIN.

And perfectly, they walk the same, talk the same, both have the same sarcasm, the same freaking wrinkles....

I had no clue which one was the true Mayor until the one in blue started talking to me. In true Steakbellie form, I completely ignored the whole twin thing and pretended I hadnt been smacked in the head with a board.

It opened a world questions for me. How many other people do I know have secret twins? Am I the only one who doesnt? Does my wife have a twin? Would she sleep with me?

No comments: