Friday, May 27, 2005

It's Cold and Raining

In my head, I am fearsome
I stride accross intersections
I climb stairs two at a time

Look around
there are speeding trucks
potholes
baby carriages
Surely somebody needs saving

I am prepared to fight the enemy
right here
right now
on this street corner
next to the guy selling breakfast sandwiches
3 at a time
leave them tied up for the police to find
I'll stick a clever note on them

Rain beads up on my sunglasses
or crashes onto my leather jacket
everyone is aware that I can call down lightning strikes
if I really had to
I walk right down the middle, and everyone walks around me

Hot young girls look past my obvious flaws from blocks away
They pretend to ignore me when we pass
Then wipe away tears of regret

They're not bothered by my
receding hairline, my awkwardness, my gut, my age, my wife, my kids
they can sense that I've put together a hot list of songs on my ipod
and really, isnt that just what they're looking for?

Sorry girls
theres only one Mrs Steakbellie

No comments: