Thursday, February 23, 2006

seeds


seeds
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
I'm planning this years garden.

Isnt it amazing that you can take two seeds and place them next to each other in the same soil, and up will come completely different plants? Somehow one plant uses the elements in the dirt to produce red tomatoes,while the next plant makes purple eggplant...using the same building blocks....the same dirt. Hot Peppers or Sweet Corn, Basil or Zuccini.

Gardens are one of the few things in life that still hold some magic for me.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's kinda like making babies, without all those pesticides.
SRF

steakbellie said...

YES!!!!!
It is similar to making babies, in that when I garden, I take off my shirt, shoes and socks.

It is dissimilar in that my dogs have a natural sense in how important this garden is to me, and try to get past my elaborate fencing scemes and crap on my plants. In the realm of making babies, I have been spared people crapping on the bed (so far)

steakbellie said...

szg: Do they have a Cliff Notes?!?! Who's it by?