Friday, February 17, 2006

hated for doodling


lutherans
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
The lunatics fueling the fire over this cartoon riot thing, just offered a million dollars and a car for killing the Illustrator. Apparently they are so uninformed that they didnt know it was twelve different Illustrators who made the cartoons.

What I really want to know is: What kind of car are we talking about here? Can I substitute the car for the 72 Virgins in Paradise?

Funny how these people are all pissed off that someone outside of their religeon broke one of their rules. Are they next going to riot that I had Bacon for breakfast....I mean do do have a degree in Illustration who knows what I might do next.....

Birdy's read the Koran, didnt they ever bother mentioning anything about killing being bad, or is it just doodling that is bad?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it years ago so I don't really remember that much and I read it, but didn't study it so my opinion on it is pretty secular. That said, it seemed to me like any normal religious text. Honestly, it was a lot like the Bible. All of this kill 'em all attitude is imposed upon it from outside interpretation - sort of like how with Christianity you get weird shit like the Shakers or other fundamentalist splinters.

The Intellectial Insurgent (http://intellectualinsurgent.blogspot.com/ ) actually is much more informed and has a great post on her blog called "More About The Cartoons" all of this. There's also a link to a very thorough history of cartoons about Mohammed and Allah even. The Danes didn't invent this - they're just the latest scapegoat.

steakbellie said...

WHAT A SECOND!!!!!!!!!!
Dont YOU have an Illustration Degree Too?!?!?

Where's my Scimitar?

steakbellie said...

Whoa there Steadman!
I'm reformed!
I'm a 'Drawn-Again Illustrator!'

steakbellie said...

is JunBugs degree in Grapic Design? That means we're above him, right?

It's the "Last Call" said...

geez... I got out of the military to get away from the killing and started an art degree thinking I'd be pretty safe. I mean, yes, artists are usually the ones first voted off the island or kicked out of the boat, but I did think I was pretty safe. Guess not! Hmph.