Monday, February 20, 2006

Humility

Friday I took a hard fall

I was at the SEPTA station, and they were working on the Trolley platform and rerouted the commuters through the Bus platform. Accelerating at the sight of my Trolley, I misjudged the train rail I was stepping over.

You know those slow motion moments...yeah those. My hands were tied up, adjusting my work bag at the time, and I had just enough sense to keep my face turned. My whole body rotated forward flat onto the frozen asphalt before I could react.....right at the feet of a Train Conducter.

'You alright buddy?'
laying facedown, muffled...
'yeah.....'

this all happened right next to my trolley, which was already full of people that I dont know, but see everyday....jackass.....

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Sorry! I'm glad you're okay. Seems there've been a few missteps lately - maybe there is something in the air...

steakbellie said...

I was pretty lucky with this. I hit the ground hard enough to break bones. I'm still hurting in a couple of spots!

svg- Scott is not wiley anough, and I'd hear Artie coming because the babies in his arms would be crying....