Tuesday, February 14, 2006

FYI


egg
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
I eat at the same lunch cart and order the exact same thing for lunch almost every day since September or so.

Theres a lady in front of me today. John leans out of the stainless steel window holding a carton of eggs.
John: "Have you ever seen a carton of eggs like this before? See how the container is pinkish?"
Lady: (not sure why he's asking) "Yeah"
John: "Have you ever seen one with a blueish carton?"
Lady: (going along with it because he's cooking her food)"Sure..."
John: "Do you know why that is"
Lady: (sincere) "No, I dont...."
John: (Holding up the pink carton) "Because THESE are HEN eggs. The ones in the blue carton are ROOSTER eggs."
Lady: (impressed) "I NEVER knew that!"
The lady looks at me with her new knowledge , and I confirm the information with a nod.

Some people learn something new everyday.....

1 comment:

It's the "Last Call" said...

I'm going to dazzle the college students with that one tomorrow.

You have the best stories happen to you.