Thursday, February 02, 2006

The day before

The train car is packed and I'm stuck standing again in the door aisle. Everybody's reading the free paper they give out called 'The Metro'. It's usually 16 pages long and full color very similar to USA Today.

I get to page four and I'm greeted by a large color photo of myself and a nice article about what I'm doing. I get almost the whole page to myself. I giggle at how funny I look in the kilt and look around at the other readers.

There's a lady facing me, within hugging distance. She's in blue nursing scrubs and is also reading page four.

i watch her face.

She sneezes and brings the paper up to catch it so that it doesnt go all over me. I watch her sneeze directly on my photo instead.

"God Bless You" I say.

She doesnt look up

5 comments:

tangentwoman said...

I love this! Good luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

At least she didn't wipe her butt with it!!!
So you've got that going for you.
I just got butterflies-in-my-stomach nervous for you tomorrow. I think I'll go poop. Where's my Metro?...
SRV(F)

Wendy said...

And you call me gross? LOL.
Good luck tomorrow.

It's the "Last Call" said...

Yay you!!!
Good luck. I can only imagine... actually no.... I can't imagine the anticipation but I wish you luck man!

Another chick secret: we dig kilts... even big hairy men with food in their beards have a mystique when they're wearing a kilt. And it helps if you've got a bit of a burr, but a proper kilt is just hot. Hot I say. Hot. Sssssss! Hot.

katrocket said...

You have the BEST stories. It's all in the way you tell it. Both you and Birdy have quite a gift for the "big set up", always followed by a satisfying punch line.