Monday, December 19, 2005

One Year and 383 Posts Later

Yesterday was one year from when I first started this blog. Much thanks goes to Birdy for introducing me to it and for sharing his own blog. It's been such an excellent creative outlet for me, and I feel as if I'm creating something that my boys will be able to read years from now when I am gone....some way to know me better.

It was weird for me to realize that someone would actually take the time to read this stuff, and a totally mind-fuck that they would come back a second time. Today, I can say I'm grateful for that.

Most of the people in my current life: Co-workers, neighbors and family do not know about this blog. My wife knows about it but doesnt read it. She said that I need some privacy so I can bitch about her. Funny though I dont do that, she's a public figure and doesnt need our personal trash posted out there.

I have shared it with 'old friends', on the thought that it's a good way to keep a connection with them, and they figured me out years ago and still stuck around.

Whats funny is that the bulk of people that read this are strangers, and some of them have made themselves known to me and share their own blogs. I'm honored.

It's also pretty amazing to realize that these pages have been loaded over 18,000 times in the last year. Thats actually kinda scary.

Here's a link to my first post

Thanks
-Steakbellie-

4 comments:

Smelmooo said...

The Smelmooo is a stranger... and mysterious...

steakbellie said...

who are you kidding? we're both from jersey, how different could we be? shit, i was born in edison

Wendy said...

Thanks, Stranger. Your blog is one of my escapes...

steakbellie said...

back atcha!