Monday, December 12, 2005

do not attempt this at home


The Next Mrs. Steakbellie
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
i just got off the phone with the local sports radio station
they run a competition every year that draws 30,000 screaming fans and sells out the wachovia center.
it's a food eating competition
the food is chicken wings

If you're in the Philly area tomorrow sometime between 7-7:30am i'll be on the radio trying to win a spot at this fabled event on 610WIP (AM Station).

to get in you must do a 'food stunt'
mine will be eating 2lbs of haggis (look it up) in some yet to be determined time. lots of things factor into qualifying....most of it arbitrary. I intend to put on a great show if nothing else.(might be amusing for some of you if i choke to death on live radio!) I've got my father's kilt and my favorite t-shirt as a costume.

the thing is, 2lbs doesnt sound like that much. it really doesnt....but you should see how f'ing big it is when it's piled up in front of you. it's ALOT.

Most of the extreme eaters in the world are big and fat...but the very two best are Skinny and Asian. That will explain why I've been training to loose weight. I'm still working on a way to make myself Asian. Here's a photo of me and Sonia Thomas,the #2 eater in the World. She's only 99lbs!!! This was taken at last years event, where i was to support a friend of mine. dont you just wanna hug her?

so anyway, this is my life, and this is one of my major goals....god i want this really bad......

4 comments:

pirata segreto said...

Why haggis? Euw!

steakbellie said...

THATS why
its gross
makes good radio

Anonymous said...

i'm tuning in bud!
anyone interested in that doesn't have access to a radio, you can catch streaming online @
610wip.com

click on the link that looks like a graphics equalizer, should load a player for you to listen along!

good luck man!

ArtieLange said...

I've seen you naked, pal. You are, indeed, on your way to being Asian.