Monday, December 19, 2005

I'm Not Superstitious.....but.....


manning
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
I've been a Colts fan for about 15 years now. I actually chose to be a Colts fan, because they were so god-aweful. Right now they are one of the most exciting teams in football to watch. They run a 'no-huddle' offense, which means that the players dont know what the play is going to be until the Quarterback calls it out as the ball is snapped. Peyton Manning is also one of the only Quarterbacks that is allowed to call his own plays, everyone else has the coach do it.

Lore is, if Steakbellie is wearing your Jersey, you are about to be traded, sold, fired, or killed. My wife gave me a Marshall Faulk Jersey years ago, only to have him traded from the Colts 3 months later. I have a Duece Staley Jersey that I was given moments before his announced exit from the Eagles. I own 4 Terrel Owens Jerseys in my house which brought monstrous pain upon this city. My dark green #81 Jerseys caused him to take the entire Eagles Team down with him.

Saturday was my birthday and I unwrapped a wonderful NFL Official Peyton Manning Jersey. (The Dark Blue One) and as much as I love it, I can only wonder what damage I am bringing to my beloved Colts. Perhaps an asteroid or airplane will land on the RCA dome? I'm going to wear it nonstop anyway as I look good in blue. It's almost the new black.

Sunday the Colts lost their first game this season after going 12-0......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was not your birthday.
You've been lying about this for years now.

steakbellie said...

lol

http://youareacog.blogspot.com/2004/09/cog.html#comments