Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'll never understand women

My twelve year old just got dumped by his girlfriend, just as I was begin to cope with the concept that he was dating. That was pretty freaky.

He chose well and she was just so pretty, smart and sweet. She would come over with her friend and chat with my wife, and then offer me fashion advise.


"DONT wear your running shoes as casual wear, Mr Steakbellie"
or
"You're REALLY not going to wear Camoflague shorts?...ewwwww"

To my surprise the girls asked to see his baby photos and asked a million questions of what he was like as a kid. I marveled at these girls..they are so very deeply DIFFERENT than boys. Girls ask so many questions! They want to talk about things!

So now he's dumped, but I'm the one who feels bad...I'm confused...did she know to say 'it's not you, its me', does he still talk with her at school?

In the end it's a good experience for him...maybe he wont wind up being a big sap like me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You takin' him out for a drink?
One drink wont hurt.
He's probably a lightweight anyway.

steakbellie said...

he seems ok....
I could use a drink though!

Dave S. said...

You should wear your running shoes with your camo shorts. Maybe that'll make you feel better.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you. Oh, and to your son too.

Anonymous said...

Your son must be a good one. At that age, the good ones lose their appeal quickly with fickle girls (not enough drama). In a few years, he'll be golden.

Wendy said...

It's never easy to be dumped. But my theory is that guys who are dumped at an early age learn to be more graceful dumpers than those with no personal experience. And he'll feel good about that....not to mention the benefit to girls he dumps....

I hope he's taking it okay.