Monday, October 30, 2006

so anyway.....

me and my three sons are out Toilet Papering the neighborhood. The two oldest run to the next block to hit a friends house. I want to keep the baby close to home so we start soaping up a neighbors car in their driveway.

M@x takes the bar of Ivory and writes:
BOO
on the back window as I drape long strands of toilet paer over it.

The neighbor walks out on her porch, but doesnt see us because we duck behind her car. I think she's watering plants or something.

"I want to write more" he whispers
"Go Ahead" I say
"How do you spell...'From the Mystery Man'?"

So in the dark, on a school night, on Mischief Night, I'm spelling out a sentence to my Seven year old so he can write it on the side windows of a neighbors car.

hehe

6 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

You are such a good influence on children!

Anonymous said...

You better have told him that amazingly, "Mystery Man" is spelled exactly like his brother's name.

katrocket said...

birdy's comment: hahahahahaha!!!

I'm quite happy to hear that "Devil's Night" (what we used to call it here) is alive & well in some areas.

In Canada, this fun annual event is now called "Vandalism" and our authorities like to celebrate by incarcerating children (Jail's kinda like a spook house, kids!)and laying heavy fines on their parents.

I miss TP'ing! (don't tell the RCMP)

steakbellie said...

and really what else are we to teach them????

Chris the Hippie said...

The first year I owned my house in Sioux City I bought a bunch of candy, put pumpkins out, dressed up like something scary and waited. One neighbor kid showed up about 7:30. By nine I'd eaten most of the candy... One kid all night.

The second year we bought six candy bars and turned the porch light on. About 7:30 the same kid showed up (wearing the same costume from the year before). She was the only trick or treater that year, too.

The third year we put a candy bar on the porch steps and went to the bar. When we came home the candy bar was gone.

The fourth year we were gonna be out of town, so we took the candy bar to the kid's house a couple days early.

The fifth year the kid hit pooberty. We haven't seen much of her since.

This year we're not even gonna try. There's a badger living under our porch. I put a live trap out this afternoon. If I catch anything, I'm gonna leave it in the cage and take it to the bar with me, just to see how many people poke at "the cute little teddy bear."

Dave S. said...

Best. Dad. EVER.