Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Worlds Most Dangerous Eater

The drive down to Greenbelt, MD is alittle over 2 hours from Philly. My wife is kind enough to drive, and we have my 3 sons and the 3 sons of a neighbor in the van with us. We're going to a pizza eating contest, and I am one of the people who is scheduled to eat.

The boys are passing the time watching a wrestling video. In between matches they pepper me with questions about their favorite Eaters and which ones do I think will show up. I tell them the ones that I expect to show, and they are concerned about my chances of winning any prize. I point out few that are within reach of my abilities and I itemize who it is that I aspire to beat that day. They like that Dad has a plan.

Currently The Undertaker is battling Brock Lesner in a "Biker Chain Match". I put my money on The Undertaker, but am soon disappointed when Vince McMahon enters the ring and stops the match before Lener is lashed with the steel link chain.

I-95 is whizzing by at 70 miles an hour.
Reflectively I say, "You know I'm the World's Most Dangerous Eater." My wife looks at me and we giggle.

Time to put on the Kilt, there's pizza to eat.


5 comments:

Wendy said...

You sure did eat some pizza! We had so much fun watching the competition - and loved meeting you and your family.

steakbellie said...

that was fun that you guys came out...you guys are actually part of my next post! stay tuned....

Anonymous said...

You should totally bring a six foot length of chain to the next contest. Or wear your Irish knife (what's it called?) and when you take the stage, whip that thing out and stick it straight into a cutting board (placed there before the contest) on the table in front of you. That would rock!

steakbellie said...

The Knife is called a skean du, and is typically worn sticking out the top of the sock. I've considered using a spoon instead to be funny, but I dont like tall socks to beghin with.

You may have noticed I had a pizza cutter wheel with me in MD. Didnt help much though....

I'm considering cutting back on schtick a wee bit though...

Dave S. said...

Nah, you've got just the right amount of schtick.

I was talking with Pete before the contest about my need to improve my stage presence and we were giving props to you and X and Legs and all the guys that bring it and have "a thing", yet don't take it so far as to appear like a bad 80's WWF wrestler.

If I have one suggestion for you, it's to keep growing the chops. A little more shag in those things and they'll look awesome!