Monday, August 21, 2006

self control, control self

My wife has taken the boys down to the beach for a few days. This is great for them but always a minor disaster for me. My mind overfills with ideas an intentions, and it will be a struggle to actually get ANYTHING done before I wind up passed out drunk in a pile of unfolded clean laundry. I realize it's pretty stupid, but despite being a mildly lonely person, I dont know what to do with myself when I'm alone.

My strategy today is simple. Physically wear myself out...completely kill myself with exhaustion. 20 Miles biking to and from work, an hour on the running machine at the gym during lunch. Lift weights when I get home.

I actually have some freelance work to do tonight, but we'll see if it can get done, before I run through the neighborhood naked....again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats funny.
I too have been accused of not knowing how to relax.
To which i say, sure I do - drink!

steakbellie said...

yeah!
:)

Chris the Hippie said...

I had to look up "vacation" in the dictionary the other day. I kept hearing the term on TV... The idea of relaxing is vaguely unsettling to me. (Actually, my main problem is that it takes me a good week to unwind, but the boss only lets me take two or three days off at a time. I don't particularly consider myself tense, but I'm terribly, terribly alert.)

To SB's immediate problem - avoid naked. Wear a loincloth. It's much more fun. Especially when you can wave a spear around... If you can't find a loincloth, I've found a strategically placed sock can work wonders...

steakbellie said...

"Terribly Alert"
I like that!

Wendy said...

What is it with you men? If I was left alone in the house for a week, I'd be in heaven.