Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nathans QVC Results

Nathans Hotdogs and Buns 12 minute contest results

1. Seaver Miller, Virginia - 21.5 HBD's
2. Buffulo Jim Reeves, Buffulo NY- 20
3. Steakbellie, Motown Philly - 18
? Super Paul, Atlanta- ?
? Justin Mihn ,MASS- ?
? Brandon "Thunder Lips" - ?

It was very exciting as everone was close! Seaver won a HUGE QVC gift basket....great guy. My kids report that I was leading for the first 8-9 minutes by a hotdog before being overtaken at the end.

The event was held in a beautiful glass covered three story atrium at the QVC Studios in West Chester. All three were PACKED with screaming employees...plenty of young corporate hot chixfor you single guys. Supposedly it was televised on QVC and will be on QVC.com sometime today. I'm not sure I'm ready to view it yet.

There were at least 15 eaters maybe more, with some QVC Staff and at least one QVC personality mixed in. The studios are truly beautiful and the people are very nice. As with most of these food competitions, the eaters are just the sweetest 'family' type people who you just want to hug. I recommend that you hug one, just do it BEFORE the competition so you dont get any puke on your shoulder.

"Thunder Lips" brought some kind of firework that blew off confetti when you pulled the string. Seaver brought a 5-month old baby which is even more impressive than fireworks. Super Paul had the biggest smile and had more fun than anybody yuking it up in front of the crowd. I brought my three blondies, who screamed and scremed for me while I stuffed myself sick. You wouldnt believe the amount of sweat on me by the end.

"Thunder Lips" Dunked his hotdogs in Applesauce!!!!!! Isnt that novel???? There we a few eaters from QVC that I recognize from Philly, and I regret I cant remember their names right now, my head is swimming in meat.

Despite being physically spent I feel GREAT about hitting 18 dogs. Thats two away from the DUECE, but that is a mountain for another day, for now I can turn my affections to Shoo-Fly Pie (what!?!?)

Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement, my wife for putting up with my obsessions and all the help with my costume, Wing Kong & my sons for the training help, The Artie Lang Family of QVC watchers, Humble Bob for the push to sign up for QVC (I was gonna retire dogs for the year)...stay gold Pony Boy, stay gold......

I'll post a photo gallery later on today!

10 comments:

ArtieLange said...

You rock! Uncle Artie may have even written about you, today.

Anonymous said...

Greatjob! Can't wait to see pics or QVC coverage.

Anonymous said...

18 is awesome. It took me 4 years to get that. Congrats. I will see you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Great showing! Better start fasting now for that shoofly pie...it's a real mf'er. See you on Saturday!

katrocket said...

Right on! congrats, and sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Ok, now what is shoo fly pie?

steakbellie said...

THANKS!
It was really a good time. Be sure to click on the photo above to see the whole photo gallery of the event!

steakbellie said...

Sangroncito,
Hotdogs are one of the tougher next day foods. They dont give you 'The runs' as much as you get bloated from the sodium and nitrates.

I'm usually good for a an hour after the contest before I dont feel well. Obviously you feel full, but you can get alittle lightheaded and nautious. My says I'm 'out of it' for the rest of the day...which is why I stopped training every saturday.

I'm not hungry at night but like Seaver, I'll eat somethng to clean me out...like 2 bowls of oatmeal.

I also start drinking seltzer after eating to wash it all down, I drank 5 liters yesterday and only peed twice because of the sodium.

Some people puke after a contest but I dont really like that. Hotdogs are somewhat toxic at that concentration so I wouldnt hold it against somebody if they did!

Today I feel pretty good!

steakbellie said...

Seaver
I had a buddy of mine try to TIVO your interview. It was really good, and something you'd want to keep. I'll contact him tomorrow to see if he was sucessful and mail you a dvd if you send me your info over my email. Good luck at Coney!!!!!

Smelmooo said...

Congrats buddy!

steakbellie said...

SuperPaul,
Feel free to lift any photos you like from the contest!

Smelmooo,
THANKS!!!!!!!!!