Friday, June 16, 2006

Daydreaming about Bunnies and Rainbows

I'm wondering what it would be like to be body slammed through a folding table like they do on Professional Wrestling. Why the hell does that appeal to me?

My guess is that you'd have to hit it dead center and hard with something broad like your back. Hitting it too soft will cause the table to only crack and you'll get hurt. Hit it with some serious momentum and all of your kinetic energy will go into breaking the table in half and you will pass through to the floor with much less speed.

I have 2 tables that would be perfect for this, but I would need something tall to jump off of, or have someone tall and strong enough to throw me down on it with enough force.

It occured to me during the Nathans contest that they used folding tables of the correct type, but I didnt want to embarrass myself (said the man in the kilt eating all the hotdogs) if it didnt break properly and I got hurt. Acouple of those guys were more than big enough to smash me through.

I think my wife would hit me with a folding chair if I tried this so I'll just keep it a fantasy. She thinks I'm crazy, but I'm not...I'm just a very curious boy. I mean am I supposed to pass through life never knowing for sure how many chicken wings I can eat in a sitting, what it's like to swim across the Chesapeke(she doesnt know about that one yet) or if I'm good enough to sing for Menudo? There's no coming back from the grave you know, so I need to fit all this shit in while I'm still breathing!

Hmmm...maybe if I jump off the garage roof I can get enough speed....
:)

6 comments:

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

I want to do the Chesapeake Bay swim too - its only 4.4 miles. I've lived here (Annapolis) for my entire life and keep saying, "I want to do that"... maybe I'll do it by the time I'm 40.

Anonymous said...

You know I'm big enought to throw you through the table. and since you have two I would love to jump off the garage roof through the other table

~conundrum

Steve Caratzas said...

Amazing! Brings to mind the exploits of Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge, who together constituted the pro wrestling tag-team known as The Public Enemy.

Both are deceased.

steakbellie said...

Amy,
It's one of the bigger things on my list, but would take a serious six month commitment. For me it's hard to get any time in the pool. The danger factor is pretty exciting....

Conundrum,
It's only a table, it's not like it's a trampoline or anything....
:)

Steve,
I dont remember those guys, but they have some kickass names!!!!

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

Yeah, its that commitment to the pool thing that I'm giving myself 9 years to get it done! :-) With a 2 year old - I find it impossible to get anything done, much less train for a 4.4 mile swim!

Anonymous said...

6:00 tonight trampoline my place...Me, you and Hagan...Ya I know she wants you...Pie on Saturday, Tri on Sunday and Tables Sunday night....I'll bring the tables
~connundrum