Tuesday, June 20, 2006

couple things

* If I jump off the low roof on my garage onto a plywood table, it would only take .39 seconds to impact it at a speed of 12.48 feet per second. Not accounting for wind resistance. The collion would result in 376.2 Newtons of pressure being applied to the plywood (hopefully) I have yet to find much good info on the breaking strength of plywood, but I will let you know.

* The karate guy at my work recommends I hit the table with my shoulder instead of back. Higher psi.

* I will be on National TV this Thurs June 22nd. Channel:QVC 11:45 am. (It's possible that it's being taped then and not live) The producers mentioned something about some excessive hotdogs lying around, and I couldnt find anybody else to help them go away....."Yeah, I can hang out for 12 minutes or so, can I bring my kids?"

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I've never TIVO'd QVC before. Maybe it's time...

katrocket said...

so I've been sleeping with a guy for 2 weeks just for access to his satellite TV so I can watch you on Thursday, and NOW you tell me it might only be taped then??

I'm TIVOing it too. Didn't think my boss would buy into my reason for wanting time off.

steakbellie said...

i was originally told it was going to be live, and the show scheduled during the timeslot is called "SUMMER PICNIC " so it's the perfect time to sell hotdog cooking equiptment or whatever.

HOWEVER, Philly.com ran a three sentence blurb about the event and said that it will be a taped show. They also got EVERY other fact wrong that they stated, so I'm gonna guess they got this wrong too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you Thursday. Live or taped, I am sure you will do well.

steakbellie said...

Thanks Bob!
I didnt even train for this one, but I did a one plate test last week and did my best time ever!

I think I overtained for Philly and got too fat to break 20....