Friday, July 27, 2007

For Now and Eventually for Eternity


lake pleasant
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
I'm going on Vacation.

YAY for me.

This will be my 37th Consecutive Summer visiting this lake in Upstate NY. My wife has gone for 15 years. My Dad has gone for about 40 years. My Mom wins the prize for going for 60+ Years!

Eventually my sons will get to dump my ashes in the middle of this Lake, and then I wont have to endure the 6 hour car ride each way. I'm hoping that they will launch me out of a Potato Cannon if it can be arrainged. They are creative and will think of something cool by then. So it goes.

Camp always marks the begining of the Year for me. Happy New Year Everyone! Thanks for the kind words and thoughts....

2 comments:

Leonesse said...

There is a reason you didn't name the lake, isn't there? I mean, come on, you are making it difficult to have my inaugaral visit to Camp Whatsitz if I don't know where you are.

You will have beer, won't you? If not, never mind.

d.K. said...

I actually am now familiar with this family ritual. Good for you and yours. Have a great one!